In this article, we will show you how to make a DIY bud trimmer but to give you a brief background. The cannabis industry around the world continues to grow every day. With more and more countries starting to legalize cannabis, there are now more innovative and creative ideas that people develop with regards to cannabis cultivation. There is a huge advancement with the tools used like cannabis trimmer or marijuana trimmer technologies. But if you are not ready to splurge on this idea then this is the tool for you.
As it stands, the demand for cannabis is being met by large supplies from different countries such as Canada and the Netherlands. But how long will this last? As the demand for cannabis continues to grow, will our growers have the ability to meet these demands?
One of the best ways to make the most out of a cannabis crop is by regularly maintaining it or trimming buds as we call it. When doing this, growers usually make use of various tools and equipment that they buy in warehouses and gardening shops. But what if we told you that it is perfectly possible to maintain your cannabis plants using homemade equipment? In this article, we will be discussing how to make your own cannabis bud trimmer. The next time you buy marijuana seeds, you will not have to worry about keeping your cannabis garden fresh and clean. The following are some notes on how to trim weed.
Buying Marijuana Seeds 101: How to Properly Trim Your Cannabis Plants
For many experienced marijuana growers, trimming is a necessary process that helps ensure the clean and tidy appearance of their cannabis plants. It is a healthy way of maintaining your cannabis garden and avoiding any mess that can later cause diseases and molds. But what exactly is trimming and how does it work?
What is trimming?
Many types of plants sprout out in all directions and their branches tend to shoot out, making them look untidy and dirty. One of these plants is, of course, the cannabis plant. If you do not trim your cannabis plant regularly, they will end up being a little sore to look at. Trimming revolves more around cutting off any protruding branches.
Additionally, it also looks to separate any overlapping leaves that may cause light and water deficiencies. You see, certain parts of the cannabis plant may not be able to receive light and water because of becoming too compact and closely-knit.
What exactly does a grower do when trimming?
If you take a closer look at your cannabis plants, you might notice a few dried up and dead leaves. Sometimes, there may even be some twisted branches and moldy stems. These are dangerous contaminants that can lead to the infection of your cannabis leaves. If left unchecked, this debris can really hinder your cannabis plant’s yields. You should be precise when trimming your cannabis plant. Growers always want to keep the cannabis plant intact with just minimal cutting. Make sure you understand what parts to cut off before proceeding with the
Are there different methods of trimming?
- Manual Hand Trimming – Throughout the years, growers usually use their hands and trim their cannabis plants manually. It is still, to this day, the most reliable and efficient way of trimming cannabis plants. You see, manually trimming cannabis plants using your hands eliminates the risk of malfunctions. Of course, there is always the possibility of human error but it is still easier to mitigate these types of mistakes rather than ones caused by machines. Hand trimming also helps the growers be more in touch with the cannabis plants and really feel its distinct parts.
- Mechanical Bud Trimmer – Of course, one of the main downsides to this is the time spent doing it. Like all other things, manually doing something will take a lot longer than with the help of a machine. The time spent trimming your cannabis buds can be lessened a lot by using a mechanical bud trimmer. With constant innovation and technology, people have found a way to make the trimming process a lot easier and faster.
Here is a video of a homemade marijuana trimmer machine.
Needed Equipment to Use for Bud Trimming
- Gloves – Whether you are using your hands or a mechanical bud trimmer, it is always a wise choice to wear safety gloves. Make sure that these gloves are tight and cover all areas of your hand. Loose gloves may be more hazardous than helpful. Hard, industrial gloves can really protect your fingers especially since you are going to handle sharp tools.
- Protective Eyewear – While you are trimming your cannabis plants, there is always the chance of debris flying around or stray branches hitting your eyes. It would be best to wear some protective eyewear in order to avoid any serious accidents.
- Proper Clothing – Wearing appropriate clothes will also make the trimming process much easier. Try to avoid wearing any sleeveless clothes or anything that exposes too much skin. You might get allergies and many scratches while trimming the cannabis plants.
- Tin Foil / Hanger – This is mainly used for laying and spreading the cannabis buds so that they are exposed to air circulation. Giving them enough space to breathe can help them retain their moisture levels while trimming the buds you get from buying marijuana seeds.
Tips Trim Your Marijuana Buds: Your Essential Guide
Now that we have the definition and equipment for trimming out of the way, let’s discuss a little more about the process of trimming cannabis buds:
Always wait for the ideal weather conditions
Since you will be staying outdoors for the trimming process, we recommend you wait until cool and breezy weather comes into play. It will make for a much more convenient experience and you will be able to withstand the heat more. Also, this will have an effect on the plants. Try to observe your cannabis plant first. If you see yellow and dried up leaves, this may indicate that your plant is sick. Check on its roots to see if they have any molds growing. Get rid of these as soon as possible.
Hot weather conditions can really damage a plant and trimming it during this time will not help, either. This is why you should be alert and check if the weather is ideal for trimming. But if you are using electrical and mechanical bud trimmers, never proceed if it is raining.
Are You Ready to Trim Your Cannabis Buds?
At a certain point in time, you will have to know what shape you want your cannabis plant to take. Imagine how you would like to trim it so that you will not have a hard time during the process itself. Trimming cannabis buds that you grow from buying marijuana seeds is actually very easy. Just cut off certain portions of the cannabis plant until it forms into the shape that you desire. However, there are certain landscapes for cannabis plants that can bring out the best in each harvest. Learning how to trim your marijuana seeds plants and picking the best design can be accessed here!
Trimming your cannabis buds is something that you perfect with experience. There is no right or wrong way to do it but there are definitely ways in which you can maximize your plant’s potential. Here are some tips to make the trimming easier:
Make sure that kids and pets are at a safe distance
Remember that you are dealing with marijuana. Also, you will be around sharp objects and electrical equipment. In order to avoid any damage to people around, it will be best to trim your cannabis buds alone or with the help of other adults. Also, having kids and pets around can damage your marijuana crop if they are not careful.
Clear out any dirt or fallen debris first before trimming your cannabis buds. The trimming process itself is actually quite messy so doing it in a messy area will only make it worse. Loose branches, stones, dead leaves, and pests can be found in the area especially since it is a garden. Get rid of these and properly dispose of them away from your crop.
Trimming cannabis buds is an activity that growers always do. It keeps the cannabis garden clean and at the same time, gives them the right structure to grow in. You see, it is very possible for some leaves to have sunlight and water deficiencies because of the way they are situated. When trimming cannabis buds, it makes way for the hidden leaves and exposes them to other things such as air circulation. It may seem tiring and tedious but trimming cannabis buds from buying marijuana seeds can help max out the potential of your marijuana plants.
If you ever plan on trimming your weed garden, we hope that this guide helps you prepare for the task. Always be responsible and keep your marijuana activities to yourselves. Happy growing!