One of the first questions to answer, once you’ve decided to grow your own cannabis, is if you’re growing indoors or outdoors. Planning to grow indoors has specific advantages and opportunities that you need to learn if you want to end up with the best cannabis supply. There are several common reasons for cannabis growers not to grow plants outside, from environment and climate to legal issues and diminished yields. But if the grower is lucky enough to get the law on his hand, it’s still likely that some poor apple would attempt to grab the plants. Throughout time, cannabis growers have always had to fear about crime, and cannabis buds attract even more industrious and concentrated predators. Luckily, indoor marijuana growing offers protection against all these dangers. There’s no need to think about robbers or weather or any other threats. You’re managing the climate. Each element of plant growth could be carefully monitored and modified to establish the optimal climate for your plants. There are many variants available to indoor growers. Hybrid systems could provide plants with both artificial and natural nutrients and energy. In this article, we will guide and discuss some of the basic information about indoor growing methods for weed. Check out the following indoor marijuana growing methods, and it would easily demonstrate the drawbacks reported are offset by the advantages to be obtained using the aforementioned growing methods.
Sea of Green Method
Sea of Green is an indoor cannabis growing methods of harvesting hundreds of small plants, developed early to achieve the fastest yield of buds possible. Rather than growing a few plants for a longer time, many smaller plants will grow in the very same area and mature faster in much less time. There is also a need for less time among crops. It helps you to optimize your capacity without losing your yield. If you place the plants in the flower initiation with a 12/12 light regime, you could get more flowering plants into even more space. The yield of such a single plant may be smaller, however, the yield you accumulate will be higher. You don’t have to have any specialized skills to be successful with the SOG process. What you really need to do is grasp the idea. The lack of preparation and fertilizing makes SOG one of the simplest methods for growing weeds.
- Short growth period
- Accelerated culture
- Maximize the use of space
- The SOG method needs the use of a massive number of plants, which may have an adverse effect on the process of police seizures and court proceedings. Make the right choice.
Hydroponic is an indoor weed growing methods used by indoor cannabis growers using various types of growing material, such as vermiculite, coconut coir, perlite, and a lot more. In short, the principle behind hydroponics is to eliminate as many obstacles as necessary between the roots of the water and the plant, nutrients, and oxygen it requires to grow and survive. It could be interpreted in many different ways. The most noticeable advantage of hydroponic methods is the significant increase in the rate of growth of most cannabis plants. It is not unusual for a cannabis plant to grow at most 20% faster than soil cultivation. In addition, plants can usually yield at least 25% more so than their soil equivalents. It happens when you make it easier for them all to have the nutrients they will need to grow. Because they’ll have to work less than that to find fragments of water or nutrients in the soil, they could redirect that energy to the production.
- No soil needed and water-saving
- Climate control
- Effective use of nutrients
- pH control to the solution
- Better growth rate and lesser pests and diseases
- A Hydroponic method needs commitment and time.
- Experienced and technical knowledge
- Electricity and water risk
- Possible system failure
- Initial expenses
- Diseases and pest may spread rapidly
Another indoor marijuana growing method is Aeroponic systems, it nurtures cannabis plants with nothing other than nutrient-charged fog. The idea is based on that of hydroponic growing systems wherein roots are kept in a soilless growth medium, like coconut coir, on which nutritionally-laden water is regularly poured. Aeroponics plainly distributes with both the growing medium, leaving the roots to hang in the air, in which they are regularly dripped by specifically made misting machines. In the Aeroponic method, the seeds are “planted” in parts of foam packed into the small pots, that are exposed to sunlight on one end and nutritional mist from the other. It also retains the roots and stems mass in location as the plants grow.
- With modern aeroponics, three different approaches are possible.
- It allows for a vast amount of plant growth.
- Higher yields
- It’s easy to remove old plants with new ones.
- Maintenance requirements for these methods are minimal.
- Aeroponics demands so little space to generate a large amount of production.
- You have more movement at your disposal when using these methods
- Less resources are needed to produce a yield
- Aeroponics is providing us with an useful learning tool.
- It generates a healthier root system.
- It gives intellectual benefits to growers and producers.
- You could also take clones from the best of your plants to increase production rates.
- Energy requirements for growth are substantially lower.
- Aeroponics installations require regular monitoring to be able to succeed
- It’s an expensive, indoor marijuana growing methods to set up at first.
- Aeroponics is highly vulnerable to power outages.
- You need to have a certain level of expertise.
- Aeroponics require the root chamber to be disinfected regularly.
- The equipment heavily relies on automation systems.
- Only high-pressure systems are suited for long-term growth initiatives.
- Aeroponics systems could be loud in an enclosed space.
Growing cannabis in soil
Out in the natural environment, the roots of the marijuana plant would also spread large distances over time, seeking nutrients and the water needed to thrive. Indoor marijuana growing , however, needs quite a smaller root system for accessibility and space requirements. It also depends on the grower to ensure that the plant is sustained with appropriate amounts of nutrients and water. They really don’t have the space to grow their roots. Make sure that the temp all around roots is warm enough at 68°F, that the roots are very well oxygenated, and also that the water is cycled and drained consistently so that it does not stagnate. It’s fairly easy to irrigate plants in the soil, or at least more forgiving. You do not have to be as cautious as you have been when watering plants in hydroponics.And as well as, soil fertilization is easier to deal with. It’s standard, so that you can bring on a vast base of knowledge. If you have problems, you would be able to solve them accurately. Different soils also can give your harvest satisfying and distinctive flavors, and can often be a massive bonus.
- Healthier produce
- Environmentally friendly activity
- Disease-resistant plants
- Retain soil health
- It takes more work
- Expensive produce
- Frequent soil amendments